with fall in full swing, this is a recipe you definitely need to bookmark! I'm sure many of you have a short list of tried and true crowd pleasing appetizers or tailgate sides, sausage cheese balls and chili cheese dip are always a hit for me. these are the items I will make on repeat during football season, and I would say that it's rare to come about a new recipe that I love so much to add it into the rotation. charleston cheese dip is just that!
my sister made this dip a couple times at her house, once for her boyfriend's dirty 30, and I knew I had to get the recipe. I made it for our housewarming party, and it was devoured in about 30 minutes. luckily, I was able to snag the absolute last bite. next time, I'll make two servings!
have you heard of charleston cheese dip before?
what is your tried and true recipe for tailgating or parties?
-1/2 c. mayonnaise
-8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
-1 c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
-1/2 cup grated monterey jack cheese
-2 green onions, finely chopped
-1 dash cayenne pepper
-8 butter crackers, crushed, such as ritz
-8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
-bagel chips, for serving
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. in a medium bowl, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, green onions and cayenne pepper.
3. transfer the mixture to a shallow baking dish, such as a 9-inch pie pan.
4. top the mixture with the cracker crumbs and bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.
5. remove the pan from the oven and top with the bacon. serve immediately with corn chips, crackers or bagel chips.
recipe from trisha yearwood