ever since I had the most amazing spring greens salad at gramercy tavern last month, I have been longing to replicate that light yet substantial salad featuring beautiful greens and fingerling potatoes. I found a similar recipe and edited it just a bit to come up with a very tasty summery side salad. I'll be serving this alongside a salmon filet tonight with a glass of sauvignon blanc.
healthy, light, and delicious summer noshing at its finest!
-approx. 15 baby golden potatoes
-green beans, about three handfulls
-7 to 10 radishes
-1 T. chopped chives
-1 T. chopped parsley
-1/2 t. salt
-1/2 T. apple cider vinegar
-1 and 1/2 T. vegetable oil
-1 t. mustard seed, powdered
1. cut the potatoes into halves and boil for 10 minutes.
2. meanwhile, trim your green beans. in a small bowl, mix together the apple cider vinegar, oil, chives, parsley, mustard powder, and salt.
3. when the potatoes have about 5 minutes left to boil, begin to steam your green beans for 5 minutes. meanwhile, chop the radishes into thin discs and pull the dill springs from about 4-5 stems - set aside.
4. once both the potatoes and beans are done cooking, strain the potatoes, and add both potatoes and beans to a large bowl.
5. drizzle the herb sauce over the potatoes and green beans, and mix well. add the radishes and dill and mix again. if you are serving immediately, reserve some radishes to top the salad with for presentation. add additional salt and pepper as necessary.
please share any links for veggie/salad recipes that you love in the comment section!
my recipe was modified from kitsunetsuki kitchen.